Lime Poblano Pork Tacos
Adapted from BHG.com.
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 package corn tortillas, heated in a skillet
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- raw spinach
- red/orange/yellow bell peppers, cut into spears
In a slow cooker or pressure cooker, combine pork, poblano, jalapeño, broth, lime peel, lime juice, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Add tomatoes for the last half hour.
Use meat setting, high temperature, 2 hours, start. Blister tomatoes in a skillet separately.
Serve with tortillas, spinach, and bell peppers.