Originally from GFJules.
- 2+ cups fresh or frozen fruit (blueberry is best, but you can use other berries, rhubarb, cherries, peaches)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for sprinkling (or less, if you like it less sweet)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, optional (e.g. on peaches)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or a bit less)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Pour cleaned and prepared fruit into an 8 x 8-inch casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional) and sugar.
Combine the flour, remaining sugar, and egg in a bowl and stir with a fork until it forms a crumbly mixture. Spread the mixture on top of the fruit, then drizzle the melted butter over the top.
Bake for around 45 minutes. The fruit should be bubbly and the topping browning slightly.
Serve warm, plain or with vanilla ice cream.