Lima Green Ham Soup
Adapted from The Blond Cook.
- 1 pound (dry) large white lima beans
- 4 cups cubed, fully cooked ham and/or uncooked bacon
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil
- small handful of pine nuts
- salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- a few large handfuls of chopped chard, kale, or collards
Rinse and sort beans in a colander. Place beans and ingredients up through bay leaf in an Instant Pot and stir well to combine.
Place and lock the lid, and turn steam release knob to sealed.
Cook on the beans setting (high pressure) for 25 minutes.
While the Instant Pot is naturally releasing its pressure, heat the olive oil, pine nuts salt, and pepper flakes in a saucepan on medium. Add greens, and sautee until slightly wilted.
Quick release the Instant Pot’s remaining pressure, remove lid and (carefully) discard bay leaf. Transfer the greens to the Instant Pot, and stir.