Adapted from BHG.com.
- 1 tbsp gluten-free stone-ground cornmeal
- 2½ cups packed, squeezed, spiralized zucchini, without the center seedy part or any really wet bits
- 1 to 2 eggs (depending on size), lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 to 2 tbsp snipped fresh sage / basil / oregano
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella and parmesan
- chopped veggie toppings
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the 1 tbsp cornmeal; set pan aside.
Place shredded zucchini in a mesh bag (like for making nut milk); press several times with paper towels to remove excess moisture (you should have 2½ cups packed zucchini after draining).
For crust, in a large bowl combine egg, 1 cup cheddar, flour, the ¼ cup cornmeal, the herbs, and garlic. Stir in the drained zucchini. Spoon mixture onto the prepared pizza pan. Using your hands, press into an even layer. Drizzle with oil.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Using a spatula, loosen crust but do not remove from pan (this keeps the crust from sticking after the final baking).
Top with desired pizza toppings and the remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake about 8 minutes more or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted.